To leave our site, click SAFETY EXIT at the bottom right of the site. This does not delete this page from your browsing history. 707.443.6042 or 866.668.6543

Legal Help

Bear River Band of the Rohnerville Rancheria
(707) 733-1900 ext. 225
27 Bear River Drive, Loleta CA 95551

California Center for Law & the Deaf
(Voice and TTY): (877)DEAFLAW [332-3529]
14895 E. 14th Street, Suite 220, San Leandro CA 94578
Legal resources for the hearing impaired.

California Courts Self-Help Center
Online resources for many legal topics.

California Department of Child Support Services
(866) 901-3212
2420 6th Street, Eureka CA 95501
State Website
Humboldt County Website

California Indian Legal Services
707-443-8397 or toll-free: (800) 347-2402
324 F St., Eureka CA 95501
Counties served: Del Norte, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Trinity

California Judicial Court Website
Official government website with downloadable governmental forms (including restraining order and other forms), and general information about civil and criminal court system, legal statutes, court opinions, and rulings. Also has links to free and low cost legal help.

California Tenant Law
Website with information and resources about California renter’s rights.

Commission on Judicial Performance
(415) 557-1200
455 Golden Gate Ave, Suite 14400, San Francisco CA 94102
To file a complaint about a California Judge, court commissioner, or referee.

Cook & Associates Private Investigations and Process Services
(707) 839-7422
730 7th Street, Suite 104 Eureka, CA 95501
Inexpensive process service fees and private investigation services Website: Website

Divorce Help Line
(800) 359-7004
Some free worksheets and information on do it yourself divorce. Also have attorney consultation by phone for a fee.

Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault – Project Survive Helpline
(888) 864-8335
Project which seeks to help those affected by domestic violence and/or sexual assault to keep their jobs while they seek safety and legal help. Website has many resources about State and National domestic violence/sexual assault laws. Helpline provides free legal information to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Number is toll-free in California.

Family Law, Superior Court of California, County of Humboldt
(707) 445-7256
421 I Street, Eureka CA 95501
Call to speak with a county clerk, or check out their website for online resources.

Hoopa Valley Tribal Council, Kendall Allen (paralegal)
(530) 625-4211 Ex. 130
P.O. Box 1348, Hoopa CA 95546

Hoopa Valley Tribal Court
(530) 625-4305
12530 State Highway 96, Hoopa, CA 95546
P.O. Box 1389, Hoopa CA 95546

Humboldt County District Attorney
(707) 445-7411
825 5th Street #4, Eureka CA 95501

Humboldt Mediation Services
(707) 445-2505
317 3rd Street Suite 8, Eureka CA 95501
Non-profit organization of trained volunteer Community Mediators who can facilitate conflict resolutions. Can mediate many types of disputes, such as divorce, child custody/support/visitation, landlord/tenant, parent/child, property issues, and many more. Free consultation.

Law Help California
Statewide resources for legal self-help, referrals to local legal aid providers and pro-bono assistance, and more.

Legal Services of Northern California
(707) 445-0866
123 3rd Street, Eureka CA 95501
Legal assistance, free 30min legal consultations for those with limited income/assets, and seniors over 60. Custody, family law, tenant issues, etc.

Safe at Home (Confidential Address Program)
(877) 322-5227
Secretary of State will forward mail for survivors who meet specific criteria. Must go through a program like HDVS or Victim Witness to qualify.

Safe at Work Coalition
DV and workplace issues, policies, law and legal issues, resources and info

Small Claims & Judgement Collection (Superior Court of California, County of Humboldt)
421 I Street, Eureka CA 95501
Small claims clinic and required forms available, see website for information

Victim Witness Program (part of the D.A.’s office)
712 4th St., Eureka CA 95501
Helps victims with court support. Mostly for criminal cases pending through the DA, but occasional civil cases. Victim compensation, legal help, referrals.
Provides state-by-state legal information regarding all kinds of issues including divorce, custody, restraining order assistance.

Victims of Crime Resource Center
1 (800) VICTIMS (842-8467)
Students of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, under attorney supervision, answer hotline calls and provide information and referrals statewide to victims, service providers, and victim advocates. Online live chat available.

VINE (Victim Information & Notification Everyday)
24 hour telephone service to check custody status of offenders. Can also register to receive notification when offender is released.